With over 18 years of experience, K&M TRUCK REPAIR has become one of the largest independent Truck Repair shops on Long Island. We are a family held company so we treat everyone like family including our employees, customers and vendors. You are not just a number, you are a person with a life and a family, and we treat you as such. As we continue to grow, we are searching for dedicated, motivated and driven technicians to join us.
Because we feel our technicians are our biggest assets we provide the opportunity for advanced education and we encourage participation in certification programs. We want all of our employees to keep current on industry standards and products.
We are currently seeking qualified Medium and/or Heavy Duty Mechanics. We are offering a $500 SIGN-ON BONUS for someone with all the right stuff!
Why Choose K&M TRUCK REPAIR over all those other shops out there looking for technicians?
A great working environment
Never work on the weekends again
Heated clean shops
Access to all the latest diagnostic tools
Ability to grow with company
Plus FULL BENEFITS PACKAGE:
- 100% Employer paid Medical, Dental, and Vision for employees with the option to add dependents at a low cost.
- 100% Employer paid Life Insurance of $10,000 for employees
- 100% Employer paid Long Term Disability for 50% of pay after 180 days.
- Simple IRA with Company Match
- 7 Paid Holidays including the day after Thanksgiving per year
- 5 PTO days after just 6 months
- 13 PTO days after one year
- Employee of the Month with Prizes
- Company paid educational opportunities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform all levels of preventive maintenance on truck and trailer equipment.
- Complete required paperwork utilizing I-Pad tablets.
- Conduct thorough inspections and diagnostic tests to troubleshoot issues and ensure vehicle in proper operating condition.
- Identify worn and damaged parts, repairing, adjusting, or replacing as needed.
- Proficient in all tools of the trade including but not limited to: A/C Evap and Recharge System, Battery Tester and Charger, Air tools, Alignment System (Light duty), Fork Lift, Trailer light tester, Hand tools, Grinders, Pressure tester, Multimeter, Chop Saw, Parts Washer, Test Light.
- Proficient in the diagnosing and repair/replace of: Heating and Air Systems, Brake Systems (Air, Disc and Hydraulic), Engine Diagnostics (Gas and Diesel for Medium Duty Position), Exhaust Systems, Transmission Systems (Automatic and Manual), Clutches and differentials/Power dividers, PTO Systems, Cooling Systems, Emission Systems (DPF), Electrical Systems, Fuel Systems, Hydraulic Systems, Lubricating Systems, Suspension Systems (Air and Leaf), Steering Systems, Doors (rear doors, roll-up doors, vehicle doors).
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Degree from technical school
- 5+ years of experience
- Own tool box and all the necessary hand tools needed to perform the essential duties as listed above.
- CDL with Air Brake Endorsement Preferred. Must be willing to get Class B.
- Clean Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency using diagnostic software including but not limited to: Tech II, IDS, Autel, Snap-On Scanner, JPRO, Cummins Insite, Bendix, Wabco, Noregon (For Heavy Duty).
- Work safely and maintains a safe work space.
- Honesty and integrity
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Able to meet physical demands of the job (job requires lifting/moving up to 50lbs, climbing, stooping, kneeling, seeing, grasping, hearing, smelling, etc.
- NYS Inspectors License Preferred. Must be willing to get license